Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Winding Warp

Most weavers I have known come close to hating warping the loom.  I strangely enjoy it.  I love the repetition and counting when working on the warping board.  And then through the slow process of drawing through (or this time just tying on), I am always so excited to see how the yarn will look on the loom.  Drawing the yarn on the loom has to be one of my favorite parts because I love seeing this terrible mess...

Become a beautiful sheet of yarns!  This is the rainbow warp I was working previously.

New warp knots coming through!  It really was difficult to wind this warp on.  The yarns are set 30 epi (ends per inch) and I am using a 10 dent reed.  In English, there are 10 holes in every inch, but I have 30 yarns in every inch.  So things are quite tight and trying to move knots through that same area made for and even tighter situation.  Btu I can now happily say the new yarn is wound on the loom.  Time to tie on the front and get back to weaving!

No comments:

Post a Comment